AirPods can be connected to other Apple devices easily and smoothly most of the time. However, this automatic pairing function is not bulletproof.
Do you find yourself frustrated because your AirPods max won’t connect? Don’t worry; many solutions to this problem can be found in this blog post. Read on!
AirPods max won’t connect? Find solutions here
Some consumers report problems pairing their AirPods Max with their devices. However, the signs are similar to most consumers, but it may be challenging to identify the actual cause. Follow these steps to find out why your AirPods max won’t connect anymore:
1. Turn On Bluetooth
Apple devices and other devices can be connected to AirPods easily; however, they require an accessible Bluetooth indicator. This is one of the most common reasons why AirPods won’t pair. Bluetooth can be accessed on most devices without much difficulty. Simply follow these steps:
- Tap Settings
- Tap Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Check AirPods Battery Level
If your AirPods show low charge, they may be unable to pair with your devices. You can check if your AirPods are charging correctly by placing them in your charging case. Next, plug the charging case into a USB port; otherwise, plug it into a wall outlet using the appropriate Lightning cable. The maximum battery life of an Airpod is 20 hours.
3. Force Reboot Your AirPods (Max)
The following steps will help you reboot AirPods Max if they won’t connect to your phone. Here’s how to reset your AirPods Max Bluetooth:
- Remove the AirPods Max from their smart case.
- Hold down the digital crown + noise control button until the status light flashes amber. Then, release the button.
- Let your AirPods reboot for a few seconds before you use them again.
4. Reset AirPods Max to factory settings
You can factory reset your Airpods Max by following the steps below:
- Ensure your AirPods Max are not in their smart case.
- Hold down the noise control + Digital Crown button for 15 seconds until the status light flashes amber and then white. When the light flashes white, let go of the button.
- As soon as the AirPods Max has been correctly reset, they should appear on your iPhone and iPad, ready for pairing.
5. Start Background Bluetooth Services
Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth User Support Service facilitate Bluetooth device discovery and Bluetooth device operation in Windows.
If these services are disabled or inactive, your PC will not detect or connect to AirPods. Make sure both services are running in the Windows Services Manager.
- To launch the Windows Run window, press the Windows key + R. Enter services.msc in the dialog box and click OK.
- Check the “Status” column and make sure it says “Running.” Next, double-click the services and proceed to the next phase.
- Click Start, wait for the service to start running, then click OK to save the changes.
6. Update Bluetooth and AirPods Driver
Apple releases firmware updates for all their devices recurrently. Therefore, whenever your current Airpod firmware is incompatible with your previous Bluetooth driver version, you may be facing a driver and firmware clash.
Alternatively, you can download your Bluetooth adapter’s drivers from your OEM support website. Further, you can check for optional driver updates within Windows 11 by going to:
- Select Windows Update
- Tap Advanced options
- Tap Optional updates
- Tap Driver updates.
7. Contact Apple Support
For direct contact with Apple Support, you will need to call the number registered for your country. Alternatively, you may contact support online via chat or email. With an average call time of fewer than six minutes and ranked number one in client support, you are bound to find an expert to solve your problem quickly with Apple support.
AirPods Max won’t connect to Mac
- On your Mac, go to Bluetooth. Alternatively, you can access Bluetooth settings from System Preferences by clicking on the Bluetooth icon.
- Hold down the noise control button on the AirPods Max until the status light flashes white.
- AirPods Max would appear in the Bluetooth devices list. Follow the onscreen instructions after choosing them and clicking “connect.”
AirPods Max not flashing white
The pairing process with AirPods requires an up-to-date device. If not, there can be problems pairing the AirPod Max, and the white light will not flash. If this doesn’t work, restart Bluetooth quickly and try again.
Your AirPods should now be paired flawlessly with your iPhone or iPad so you can listen to music and podcasts anywhere!
Moreover, you need all of the necessary knowledge to fix this problem if it happens again. You can, however, try the solutions mentioned above if your AirPods frequently disconnect.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You may have a poor connection between your phone and AirPods if your AirPods have just started disconnecting. First, place your AirPods back in their charging case. Then, once they have disconnected, take them out and try again after a few seconds.
You can check the battery level on your AirPods Max by unlocking your linked iPhone and bringing it close to the headphones. You should see an onscreen information box with the name, the AirPods icon of the AirPods, and the percentage of battery life.
Occasionally, you will need to use your Airpods Max in wired modes, such as when watching in-flight entertainment.
You could connect Airpods Max via lightning to a 3.5mm audio cable. However, a 3.5mm audio jack must be plugged into the audio port of the source as well as the lightning port on Airpods Max.
You can manually connect your AirPods Max to your iPhone by following these steps:
– Go to your iOS device’s Settings App
– Select Bluetooth from your menu
– Hold the Noise Control button on the right speaker cup for a few seconds
– A white blinking light should now be at the bottom of the right speaker cup.
– Click the AirPods Max in the Bluetooth menu of the device you are trying to connect when the status light on the headphones flashes white.
– Connect your AirPods Max headphones to your device by clicking the Connect button
Using this method, you could now also set up Hey, Siri if you want to use Apple’s voice-activated digital personal assistant and Spatial Audio, Apple’s digital surround sound system.
If your AirPods don’t link or sync with your MacBook, you may have impaired or dirty AirPods, an outdated operating system on your Mac, or conflicting Bluetooth contacts; or you may have chosen the wrong audio or Bluetooth settings.