What you find on this page:
You may have tried every possible solution to connect your printer to the Internet, but nothing seems to work. This article will discuss the solutions of HP Deskjet 3700 not connecting to WiFi. So, read on!
Common problems – Why is HP Deskjet 3700 offline?
There are several reasons why a printer can go offline. Here are some other reasons that could cause this issue:
One common reason HP Deskjet 3700 series printer goes offline is that it cannot connect to the computer. First check whether the USB cable is connected correctly or not.
Also, check internet connectivity and ensure that the router is working fine. If the printer and computer are not in the same WiFi zone, you should connect them to the same WiFi.
2. Power Supply
Another reason is when the power supply gets disconnected from the device. It means that the printer isn’t getting power, and hence the printer is offline.
3. Paper Jam
Sometimes, paper jamming occurs because the paper gets stuck in the printing queue, and as a result, the HP Deskjet 3700 printer stops functioning and goes offline. To fix this issue, remove the papers from the tray and clean any loose bits of paper fully.
Also, check for unwanted commands being sent to the printer. These commands are usually sent by the user while using the print command.
4. Empty paper tray
When the paper tray of the HP Deskjet 3700 printer becomes empty, it will stop working and go offline. You can easily find out the status of the paper tray by checking the light on top of the printer.
To solve this problem, you should refill the paper tray and align the paper correctly. Also, make sure that the printer is turned on.
5. Printer Paused
This error can occur when the printer is paused. Therefore, you should turn off the pause mode before trying to use the printer again.
If the printer is paused, it will not take any command from the computer. Hence, if you want to resume the printer, you should unpause it first.
6. Sleep mode
In sleep mode, the printer doesn’t respond to any command. Thus, if you want to use the printer again, you should turn it off and back on.
Solutions – How to get your HP Deskjet 3700 back online and connect to WiFi
1. Restart the printer and the Router
Restarting your printer and the router can help resolve the issue. It is especially true if you have recently updated the firmware for your router.
Resetting your network settings may also work. Go into your router’s settings and reset its configuration. This will force it to re-establish connections with each device on your network.
2. Check the Network Settings
Checking the network settings of your printer may help. The settings page should list the current IP address of your printer. Ensure your printer is set up correctly to receive incoming requests from other computers on your network.
3. Reset the Wireless Network Connection
Resetting the wireless network connection may also work. Go to your router’s settings and clear its cache. This will force it to re-establish connections with every device on your network.
4. Check connectivity
It may also be possible that the printer has been disconnected from the network. If this is the case, try reconnecting it to the network.
You can use an Ethernet cable to test whether your printer is connected to the internet. If it is, then there is no need to contact tech support. However, you’ll need to contact HP Support if it isn’t.
5. Disable “ Use printer offline”
You can disable the “Use printer offline” option. However, it may resolve the HP Deskjet 3700 will not connect to the WiFi network.
Other printer issues
How to run a printer troubleshooter?
The printer troubleshooter tool helps diagnose common problems with your printer.
- Open the printer driver software
- Click Troubleshoot
- Select the appropriate option, depending on what kind of problem you’re experiencing.
- Follow the instructions provided by the program to complete the troubleshooting process.
How to restart the print spooler?
To restart the print spooler, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Enter services.msc in the Search Field and click OK. Please contact a System Administrator if you need assistance with this step.
- Select the Print Spooler Service from the list.
- You will need to wait 30 seconds for the service to stop.
- To start the service, right-click on Print Spooler.
- Then close the Services window.
How to remove and reinstall the printer?
To remove and reinstall the printer, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer boots.
- Reinstall the printer.
- Connect to the internet.
- Check the physical connection between the printer and the modem/router.
Clear all printing jobs. Close the application that was opened when printing started. It may resolve connectivity issues between the printer and the network.
How to change printer port configuration set-up
Changing printer port configuration may resolve connectivity issues between your printer and the network. Please refer to the manual for your printer for detailed information about changing the printer port configuration.
Using another port may resolve connectivity issues between your printer and the network. For example, if you are having trouble connecting to your printer over WiFi, try connecting via another network instead.
HP Deskjet 3700 wifi light blinking
The Wireless light blinks to indicate that the printer is open to receive a connection through Wi-Fi or Wireless Setup Mode, and once connected, the light will be solid.
If you are having trouble connecting to the internet or your computer, and you see a blinking light on your HP Deskjet printer, it may be due to a problem with the network or the printer.
The blinking light on the printer also indicates a problem with the network connection if no connection is formed. It can be due to a weak signal, congestion on the network, or a firewall blocking the connection.
If you are using a wireless network, ensure that all of your devices are within range of each other and that there is no obstruction between them, such as walls or furniture.
There are possible solutions if you are experiencing the hp Deskjet wifi light blinking problem. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
1. Wait for the printer to establish a connection
3. Connect the printer to your network
What to do if your printer won’t recognize your router?
If your printer doesn’t recognize your router, you need to reset the router using the instructions below. Resetting your router will allow the printer to connect again.
1. Turn off the power to the router.
2. Wait a few minutes before turning the power back on.
3. If you have a wireless router, turn it on.
4. Wait for the router to restart.
5. Connect to the Internet.
6. Try reconnecting to the printer again.
7. Check the settings on the printer itself.
8. Check the physical connection between the router and the printer.
9. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same network as the router.
10. Check whether there are any updates available for the printer software.
11. Try reinstalling the printer driver.
12. Check the printer manufacturer’s website for more information.
13. If that fails, contact customer support.
HP Deskjet 3700 reset wifi can solve HP Deskjet 3700 not connecting to computer or wifi.
The HP Deskjet 3700 may be unable to connect to your computer or wifi if there is a paper jam, the paper tray is empty, the machine has been paused and switched to sleep mode, or the power cord has been disconnected.
Troubleshooting steps to fix HP Deskjet 3700 issues include: – Restart the printer and router, Check connectivity, and Disable “Use Printer Offline.”
In conclusion, I hope this guide helped you solve the problem of the HP Deskjet 3700 not connecting to the WiFi network or computer.
If you want to remove a printer from a computer, follow these instructions:
1. Open the printer and scanner machines
2. Select the printer
3. Click the Remove device button
4. Follow the prompts
6. Restart the computer
If you want to add a printer again, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
2. Find the printer under Printers & scanners, select it, and then select Remove device.
3. Remove your printer and add it by selecting Add a printer or scanner.
4. Restart the computer
To clear printing commands, simply follow the instructions below. It will remove any print jobs currently queued up for printing.
Right-click the printer icon on the Windows taskbar in the lower right corner of your screen.
Click Open All Active Printers.
Select the printer on the Active Printers dialog box.
From the printer dialog box, select the print job you want to cancel.
Select the Cancel button.
Click Yes to confirm the cancellation.
Close the printer’s dialog box after the print job has disappeared from the print job queue.
It may resolve HP Deskjet 3700 not printing correctly.