Kasa smart switches are undoubtedly the best choice for your home to look nicer. But sometimes, they might get into trouble, for which you must know the possible ways to troubleshoot how to reconnect the Kasa smart switch. What if the Kasa smart plug not connecting or reconnect the Kasa smart plug to wifi? Wifi issue in Kasa indicated when Kasa smart switch red light starts blinking.
Unpredictable wifi disconnection, Kasa smart dimmer not working correctly, plug issues, and other troubles you might have gone through.
With this guide, you’ll get to know all the solutions to troubleshoot the Kasa smart switches.
Kasa smart switch troubleshooting: what to do?
There we’ll see possible ways to troubleshoot the numerous problem one by one.
The Kasa switch has not received power
The problem you shall face might be that Kasa smart switch does not receive power.
In this case, your priority must be to check the wiring to see if it’s connected properly.
- Check for better neutral wiring.
- That may be because the Kasa smart plug is not connecting.
- When Kasa smart switch red lights, there must be any connectivity issue.
- You might check for proper connectivity and plugin manually.
Wifi not running
Another issue you can face while using the Kasa smart switch is sometimes its wifi does not run. If the wifi is on your Kasa smart switch is not running, you need to troubleshoot this problem.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
- Reconnect Kasa’s switch to wifi by turning it off and on.
- Go for better wifi connectivity.
- Disconnect the Kasa switch, connect to the wifi and check for wifi to run.
Wifi strength is not strong
Strong wifi strength is required for Kasa smart switch to work fine. If Kasa smart dimmer is not working, ensure that:
- Your Kasa smart switch comes under the range of wifi connectivity and grabs strong enough wifi signals to run smoothly.
- You can go on the Kasa app to check the wifi strength to ensure it’s enough to run your Kasa smart switch properly.
Router’s connection limit problem
To troubleshoot the wifi router problem check the fundamental route issue as the time and distance between the smart switch and the network. Follow these steps.
- Lessen the distance between the router and the Kasa switch.
- Reconnect the Kasa switch to wifi and with the router.
- Stabilize the bandwidth usage.
- Kasa light switches red, wifi problem triggers.
Factory default setting
You can use the factory default setting to run your Kasa smart switch. This removes all the settings and resets the switch from the beginning.
To factory default your Kasa smart switch:
- Long-press the power button for several minutes.
- And then release it when the Kasa smart plug blinks orange light.
Lights Not Working
One common issue you can face after installing Kasa smart switch is that the light is not turning on. The issue can be mainly related to the wiring. Check the wiring for any fault during or before the setup. If you are not a wiring professional, hiring a professional is highly recommended to get the wiring fixed.
Kasa Smart App Having Issues
Kasa Smart App is one of the best ways to use the Smart Switch to its full potential. However, if your Kasa Smart App is having some issues loading or not working properly. You can fix the App by following these simple steps
- Close the Kasa App if it is open
- Go to Settings > Apps > Kasa Smart App > Force Stop
- Now Tap Details and Clear All Data and App Storage Settings. It would work as a soft reset of the Kasa Smart App.
- Now Launch the App and pair the Kasa smart devices again.
- Make sure to update the latest version of the Kasa Smart App.
- If the issue occurs, try re-installing the App.
- If the fixes do not work for you, you can contact the Kasa support team directly.
Connect Alexa To Kasa Smart Switch
Alexa has become one of the crucial elements of any smart system. The good thing is that you can integrate the Alexa voice system with the Kasa smart switch. If you are facing any issue related to the Alexa with Kasa smart switch, follow these steps
- Ensure you have the latest Kasa Smart App and Alexa App installed on your smartphone.
- Open the Amazon Alexa App, Tap on the Home icon, and then “+” to Add a device
- You will see Kasa Smart. Now select it and tap Continue
- Now Select Enable to Use and type the details of your Kasa Account. Now tap on Authorize
- After completing the process, you will see the notification “TP-LINK Kasa has been successfully linked.”
- Tap Done to proceed. Now select “Discover Devices,” or you can use the voice command “Alexa, Discover Devices.”
- Alexa will begin scanning and will show that devices linked to your Kasa account in a few seconds
- Tap on “Setup Device.” You can choose Kasa Device’s group or skip the step for later.
- Tap on Done to finish the process.
- The process is now completed. You can now view the devices that Alexa discovers and use voice commands to control them.
How to restore factory default settings on Kasa Smart Switch?
We usually restore factory default settings on Kasa smart switch to troubleshoot various issues. To do a factory restore and Kasa light switch reset, follow the steps given below.
Press and hold the power button
To restore the Kasa smart switch:
- press the power button to show the outlet correspondingly.
- Wait for the light to blink.
- Press the button for 3 to 5 seconds to enable the setup mode.
- Press the button for more than 10 seconds and wait to start the restore process itself by default.
Hold the press button unit indicator light blinks slowly
After Kasa smart switch restoring it starts to blink the Kasa smart plug orange light.
· That orange light reflects the wifi setting. Therefore, it is the wifi confirmation light.
· Slowly and gradually, the orange light turns into the green light by itself
Rapid flashing shows the device is in setting up mode
There are two types of reset: soft reset and factory reset. Both resets blink the different wifi lights;
In the soft reset, the blinking Kasa smart plug’s orange light turns into green, but in a specific wifi type TP-Link HS105 wifi, the orange light of the Kasa smart plug blinks blue.
While doing the factory reset, the Kasa smart plug orange light starts flashing rapidly. This means that the Kasa light switch is reset and ready to set up as a brand new Kasa smart switch.
Start the setup process all over again
After successfully resetting the Kasa smart switch, begin setting it all over again by following the steps below and seeing how to reconnect the Kasa smart switch to wifi.
- The first step to setting up the Kasa smart switch is to download the app of Kasa smart switch into your android or ios devices from the play store or apple store.
- Plug the switch of Kasa smart switch into the nearby socket.
- Connect your phone to the working wifi network of 2400 MHZ.
- Stat setting up your account into the Kasa smart switch app
- After setting up your device into the app, add a smart plug while connecting Kasa to wifi.
Now it is time to power on the Kasa smart switch and wait until Kasa smart plug orange light and the green light start blinking. Light blinking into orange and green might be 10 to 15 seconds. The Kasa app will probably pop up the option to connect to the wifi, or you can directly connect it by going into the wifi settings on your android device.
After setting up your smart switch name, plug into the Kasa smart switch app. Then you’ll see the option to select the customize icon.
You can connect the smart plug of the Kasa smart switch to the home network by the app directly or by the wifi settings.
- To reconnect the Kasa smart switch to the wifi in android, the option of wifi connectivity will pop up in the app by itself, or you can willingly go to the settings to connect the wifi.
- In, ios the wifi connecting option will not pop up in the Kasa app, but you have to go into the settings and connect it to the wifi.
The next step is to connect the home network. If there is no option for your home network, then you must add it yourself into the phone settings.
- First, look for the option of your desired home network in the list. If you see that network, connect the Kasa smart plug to it with just one click.
- While if there is no name of your desired home network, then you have to select the option of other networks and insert in ID and password manually.
- If it still doesn’t work, you can reconnect to the network again, or it might take time if the signals are weak. You can also return to them for Kasa, change the wifi setting, and try again.
If you still have trouble connecting Kasa to wifi, you can reset the Kasa smart switch again. Last but not least, you can go to the user guide in the Kasa app and follow the instructions.
So, this article gives you the complete Kasa smart switch troubleshooting manual guide. By going through the steps above, you must know how to reconnect the Kasa smart switch and connect Kasa to wifi. Something that you might still not be aware of that where you will find the power or reset button of the Kasa smart switch. The power button of the Kasa is in its socket, which will be pretty small in size. Now you can go ahead with the above Kasa light switch troubleshooting tricks.
While connecting Kasa to wifi, you might get malware, data risk, privacy unprotection, or the risk of getting any virus notifications on the screen of your device. But, confirm all of them instead and continue setting up the Kasa smart switch. And in case of any trouble, you can troubleshoot it by simply doing a Kasa light switch reset.
Please contact us if you need further help with this or any other issue, our team will assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answer to this is quite unpleasant because there is no way to change the wifi directly to another. Instead of Kasa change wifi, you have to reset the whole setting and reconnect the Kasa switch to wifi.
Kasa smart plug is not connecting to wifi for long or keeps disconnecting because it is not getting the right wifi network. We’ve also discussed earlier in the article that Kasa smart switch needs 2400 MHZ frequency to keep connected.
Yes, Kasa smart switch works with the command Alexa. For that, you have to feed the correct name of your Kasa switch into the Alexa and ensure the Kasa smart plug is working correctly with the voice commands.
The Kasa smart plug won’t connect to wifi if your wifi network is too weak or you have not upgraded your router for a long time.
Kasa smart dimmer not working might be because of any damaged plugin old wirings or the wifi is out of range.
To reset the Kasa smart switch, long-press the power button and wait for the orange light to start blinking. After several seconds, it will reset by itself.
For the steps briefly, go through the steps above written above.
More related content
Smart Plug Blinking Red and Blue: Here Is What To Do
Philips Smart TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Resolved
Atomi Smart Plug Won’t Connect to WiFi? Find Solutions Here