Is your Amana top load washer causing problems? Are you thinking of calling a technician? Well, there’s nothing to panic about.
You don’t have to worry if your Amana Load washer is causing some errors. We will guide you on performing Amana top load washer troubleshooting on your own.
Amana Top Load Washer: The Main Problems and Solutions
We have listed all the common and main problems in an Amana Top Loader with their solutions. Here is all you need to know for troubleshooting.
The Washer Is Not Spinning
Amana top loader washer not spinning but making noise. The washer not spinning means the washing cycle will not begin. It could be happening for different reasons, here is how you can check and troubleshoot.
The lid switch in the Amana washer works as a safety feature. It won’t allow the washer to spin while the lid is open. If the lid switch has been damaged, here is how you can fix or replace it:
- Turn off your Amana top load washer, and unscrew the control panel.
- Generally, the lid switch is found in the top left corner of the top loaders.
- After removing the control panel, disconnect the wire harness from the lid switch.
- Use a multimeter to check the continuity of the switch. Check the reading before and after opening the lid. If continuity is the same, the lid switch is damaged and needs replacement.
- Remove all the wires connecting to the lid switch and take it out.
- Replace the switch with a new one and attach all the wires.
A damaged or worn-out drive belt will result in the washing machine not starting. Follow these steps to replace the drive belt
- Unplug the power of your washer. Disconnect the drain and inlet fuel hoses.
- Lay down the washer on its back, so you can easily access its bottom part.
- Remove the belt frame from the bottom, and unscrew the belt frame.
- Use your hand to take off the belt manually. If the belt is stuck in pulleys, try rotating the machine with your hand and taking off the belt.
- Clean both pulleys, so there is no dirt on them.
- Place the new belt and tighten it.
- Put back the belt frame to its original position, and you are good to go.
If your washer is causing some issues, but you are unsure which part is defective? The Amana washer’s diagnostic mode will help you out. Using this function and identifying the error codes, you can point out which part is causing the problem.
To use self-diagnostic mode on Amana top load washers, follow these simple steps:
- Restart your washer power, turning it off and on again.
- Rotate the dial to complete a single cycle.
- Move the dial to Left > Right > Right > Right > Left and then Right. If the lights start blinking, move the dial to rinse/spin and press the start button.
- It will start auto diagnostic mode and show you the codes after finishing.
- Use the manual of your washer to check what the code means.
Amana top loader washer stuck on sensing fill
The Amana top loader washer fills with water then stops. There could be different reasons if your Amana top load washer is not filling. Here is how you can determine and troubleshoot the error.
Water Inlet Valve
The inlet valve allows the water to fill the washer. If it is damaged, the water will not fill. Here is how you can troubleshoot the inlet valve.
- Disconnect the washer from the power source.
- At the back of the washer, unscrew the water supply hoses and remove them hoses.
- Remove the top console of your washer, unplug the timer and all the wires to remove the back panel of the washer
- The water inlet valve should be visible now, disconnect all the wires connecting to it and remove the valve.
- Insert the new inlet valve into its place and plug all the wires as they were.
A damaged control board can cause issues in the washer, including not filling. Here is how you can repair or replace the control board.
- Disconnect the power cord of your Amana washer
- Remove the top panel and disconnect all the wires connecting to the Control board.
- Detach the control board and replace it with a new one.
Troubleshooting Drum Bearing
If the drum bearing of your Amana washer has been damaged, the drum will not spin correctly. Here is how you can troubleshoot the drum bearing:
- Disconnect the washer from the power source.
- Open the lid, and push the top cup with the help of a flat screwdriver.
- Remove the auger from the assembly. The bearing is found inside the auger.
- Take out the bearing from the auger and replace it with a new one.
The Washer is Vibrating
If your washer is vibrating and making noises, it’s because the drum has become unbalanced. It happens mostly because of the damaged suspension rods, here is how you can fix it.
- Unscrew the screws from the backside of the washer. Pull the lid towards yourself, and open it up and back again.
- Suspension roads should be visible now on both ends of the corner. Remove the plastic holders from the top of the road.
- Tilt your Amana washer to the side to access it from the bottom.
- Pull out the suspension rods from the bottom of the washer.
- Replace the suspension rods with new ones and place the holder back in its place.
The Washer is Not Reading Error Codes
Error codes make it easier for the user to find the flaw in their washer by lightening up the panel according to the issue. If your Amana Washer is not showing error codes, it can be due to some different reasons like:
- The washer is not tightly plugged into the power socket.
- The control board needs to be replaced if there is no light on it.
- If the lights are working fine but no error code is showing. You are not using the correct diagnostic method. To do this turn your timer knob clockwise, then Left > Right > Right > Right > Left and Then Right. If the lights start blinking, turn the knob to rinse and press start. Make sure you follow the same steps after the diagnostic is done.
Amana top load washers causing issues like washer not spilling, filling properly, or machine not diagnosing? You can solve these errors by fixing or replacing faulty parts.
The first step is identifying the problem. You can do so by entering into the diagnostic mode of your Amana top load washer. Even if you can not fix the issue yourself, it will be much easier to tell the technician which is the root of the problem. Contact us if you need more help!
A defective lid switch or a worn-out drive belt could be why your Amana top load washer is not spinning. You can adjust the belt with its pulleys. If it is damaged, the only solution is to replace it.
If the washer vibrates too much, it can be because of a damaged suspension rod or balancing ring. Try tightening the screws or replacing the rods to fix this problem.
To troubleshoot the drum bearing, you need to replace it by opening the drill in the middle of the drum.
If your Amana top washer is not in diagnostic mode, ensure the cables are connected properly to the socket. Follow the same steps as mentioned on the time knob.
Amana top load washer not filling could be due to the blocked or damaged water inlet valve. Unplug the old valve and replace it with a new one. Plug all the wires back, and it will fix the error.
If your Amana top load washer is locked, it could be due to a damaged lid switch or a faulty control panel. First, check all the switches with a multimeter for continuity. If that does not work, change the control panel of your machine.