What you find on this page:
The LG Tone Infinim is a wireless stereo headset with retractable earbuds and a built-in microphone. It’s a versatile option for video conferencing, making calls, listening to music, and other tasks. However, while this headset is easy to use thanks to the LG companion app, it can run into a few tech issues.
Read on for some helpful LG Tone Infinim troubleshooting tips.
LG Tone Infinim Problems and Solutions
The most common issues LG Tone Infinim users report include difficulties pairing the headset and being unable to make calls with the headset.
1. The Headset Has No Power
The LG Tone Infinim uses a rechargeable built-in 110mAh battery. You should get up to 12 hours of use on a single charge.
You can turn on the headset with the small power switch on the left arm. A small LED next to the switch indicates when the headset is on.
How do I check the battery on my LG tone? You can check the battery status by sliding the volume down the switch and holding it for a second. The indicator light will flash three times. A blue or purple light indicates you have some battery left, while a red light means it’s time to charge your headset.
If you’re not getting any power, the most likely cause is an empty battery. Plug your headset in using the USB connector on the left arm’s exterior.
How long does it take to charge the LG Tone? You should get a full charge in less than two hours. If you’re still not getting power after charging the battery, you’ll have to take the headset apart and install an LG tone battery replacement.
2. Can’t Make a Call With the HBS-910
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to make a call with the LG Tone Infinim:
- First, check that your phone’s Bluetooth feature is on.
- Second, your phone doesn’t have a hands-free feature.
- Third, you didn’t pair the headset properly.
- Finally, you don’t have enough battery to make a call.
There are a few LG Tone Infinim troubleshooting steps you can take. First, slide the volume down switch to ensure you have enough battery to make calls. Next, you can try turning the headset off and on again.
If you’re still unable to make a call, you can try pairing the headset again:
- While pressing the call button outside the left arm, slide the power switch on.
- The indicator lamp will turn blue, and the headset will switch to searching mode.
- A notification should pop up on your phone to let you know that a Bluetooth device is nearby. You can also access the Bluetooth settings and look for an option called ‘Pair new device’ to show a list of available devices.
3. Can’t Register to the Mobile Phone
These LG Tone Infinim HBS-900 troubleshooting tips will help you if you’re unable to register the headset with your phone:
- Make sure you’re in pairing mode. So how do you put LG Tone earbuds in pairing mode? First, turn the headset on while pressing the call button. The blue light will indicate that the headset is looking for nearby devices.
- A low battery can make it difficult to establish a Bluetooth connection. Check the battery level and charge the headset if needed. Make sure your phone has plenty of battery as well.
- The range of the Bluetooth connection can vary from one phone to another. So move the headset closer to your phone to see if it solves the problem.
- Try pairing your LG Tone Infinim with a different phone to determine if the issue comes from the headset or your Smartphone.
- Turn Bluetooth off and on again on your phone.
- Purge the list of connected Bluetooth devices saved to your phone. This method can help if you have several paired devices.
- Check your phone for a firmware update.
4. The Sound Is Low
Some users report dealing with low volume when using their LG Tone Infinim. You can adjust the volume with the slider on the left arm’s exterior. Don’t forget to check your phone’s volume as well.
You can also adjust the volume via an app. What app do I need for LG Earbuds? You can use the LG Tone & Talk app on Android and iOS.
The LG Tone Infinim uses retractable earbuds. Make sure you pull them out of the headset and insert them properly into your ears. If you’re wondering how do I find my LG Tone free earbuds, you can simply pull them out of the arms of the headset.
Why is my LG Bluetooth headset not working on one side? Try listening to a different audio source or pairing the headset with a different device to ensure the issue comes from the earbuds, not your phone or a specific app.
Following LG Tone Infinim, troubleshooting steps like turning the headset off and on can help. If it doesn’t work, try unpairing it and pairing it again. If the issue persists, you might have accidentally damaged one of the earbuds. Your best option is to purchase a new headset.
5. LG Tone Battery Replacement
If your LG headset isn’t holding a charge, you need to replace the battery. Note that you’ll have to take your headset apart and void the warranty:
- A small rubber cover is added toward the right arm’s end. Remove it to reveal a screw.
- Remove this screw and pry the arm apart to reveal a second screw.
- You can then access the internal circuit board. There is a battery attached to it.
- Use a soldering iron to melt the two connection points for the battery terminals. Then, use a desoldering sucker to remove the melted connections.
- Install the new battery and connect it to the board with the soldering iron. The red wire goes on the positive connector and the black one on the negative connector.
- LG uses a battery that is unique to the LG Tone Infinim. You get a replacement by buying one online or taking apart an old LG headset.
How Do I Update my LG Tone?
LG doesn’t offer a way to update your LG Tone Infinim. However, if you use the companion app, LG might roll out updates that will install automatically.
The best way to ensure you have access to all the latest features from LG is to keep up with new products and buy the next version of the LG Tone Infnim headset when it comes out.
Does the LG Tone Have Noise Cancellation Technology?
The LG Tone Infinim doesn’t use noise cancellation tech. Therefore, the LG Tone Free earbuds are a better option if you need earbuds with this feature.
Does the LG Tone Work With a Smart TV?
You can use your LG Tone Infinim headset with any device that supports Bluetooth connectivity. It’s a convenient device for taking hands-free calls, but you can also pair this wireless headset with a Smart TV or computer.
How do I pair my LG Tone Infinim with my Smart TV? First, enable pairing mode on the headset by pressing the call button while you turn the LG Tone Infinim on.
On your TV, navigate to the Bluetooth settings and look for an option that will scan for nearby devices. For example, your LG headset should appear in a list of available Bluetooth devices.
You can use this same method to pair the headset with a computer, tablet, video game console, or any other device that supports Bluetooth.
How Do I Connect my LG Tone to my Phone?
The first step should be to put your headset in pairing mode. So how do you put earbuds in pairing mode? With the LG Tone Infinim, you have to turn the headset off, press the call button, and toggle the headset on while pressing the call button. Next, you’ll see a blue LED to indicate the device is in pairing mode.
How do I pair my LG headset? First, open the Bluetooth menu on your phone and scan for nearby devices. The steps to follow will slightly differ from one phone to another.
If you’re experiencing problems with your LG Tone Infinim, this troubleshooting guide may help. This guide has covered a variety of common issues and includes detailed steps on how to fix them. If you still don’t have success, please feel free to contact us for assistance. Thank you for using our website!
Press the call button when the headset is off and turn the device on. The headset will automatically be in pairing mode the first time you use them.
You should get a full charge in less than two hours.
The LG Tone Infinim doesn’t have a reset button, and you can’t remove the battery quickly. So the closest thing to resetting the headset you can do is to turn it off and unpair it from your phone.
You don’t need an app to use the LG Tone Infinim. However, the LG Tone & Talk unlocks additional functionalities, such as adjusting the volume or creating voice recordings with the headset.