What you find on this page:
If you’ve ever experienced a laptop stop working problem, you know how annoying it can be. When you turn on your HP envy laptop, you want it to start without problems. It can happen because of hardware issues or software errors. You’ll need to troubleshoot your laptop to determine what’s causing the problem.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the possible reasons why my HP Envy laptop won’t turn on and give you solutions to try.
Why is my HP envy laptop not turning on?
If you’re having problems getting your HP envy laptop to turn on, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
First, make sure that the battery is fully charged. If the battery is low, it might not be able to provide enough power to turn on the laptop.
Sometimes hardware and software errors can cause laptops to fail to turn on. You may have to replace specific components such as the motherboard, hard drive, keyboard, mouse, touchpad, display, or other parts of the laptop.
Finally, ensure that there’s no debris or dust on any of the laptop’s internal components. If debris or dust is in any of these areas, it could block power from getting to the computer and cause it not to turn on.
How Do I Fix HP envy Laptop that Won’t Turn On?
If your HP envy laptop won’t turn on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. Follow the instructions below:
1. Check the power supply and battery
First, power down the laptop and check the power supply. If the power supply works, you may have a problem with the battery.
If the battery is dead, then you will need to replace it. Also, if the power cord isn’t charging the laptop or there is no power, you may have a problem with the laptop’s power supply.
- To test the power supply, remove the battery and plug an external AC adapter into a nearby outlet.
- If the laptop starts up after plugging in the AC adapter, you likely have a problem with your battery.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to take your HP envy laptop in for service.
2. CMOS battery
If your HP envy laptop doesn’t turn on, there may be a problem with the CMOS battery. This battery keeps storage of the BIOS settings in the laptop’s motherboard, and if it’s not working correctly, the laptop may not be able to start.
If that happens, you should replace the CMOS battery.
3. Diagnose screen issues
If your HP envy doesn’t turn on, it could also be due to a damaged screen. To diagnose this, complete the following:
– Disconnect all the external devices like monitors, projectors, or other devices of the laptop to ensure they are not interfering with the laptop’s display
– When the power button is lit, and you can hear the noise of the cooling fan, but no image appears on the screen, the issue is with the screen itself.
– If there are only faint images on the screen, then it’s most likely the inverter of the laptop screen is failed, and you need to replace it.
– Additionally, the brightness button can also be broken.
– If the entire screen is black, then it’s probably more severe damage to the screen. In this case, you’ll want to contact a repair shop to help you fix it.
4. Remove all devices from your laptop
If you are experiencing an issue where your HP envy laptop won’t turn on, make sure all your devices are disconnected from your laptop. It includes an SD card, your phone, any other laptops, and any external hard drives.
You may get “stuck” because the BIOS is trying to boot from a removable storage device. Therefore, ensure all USB drives and other devices are removed before starting the computer.
If that doesn’t work, you can try to restart your laptop. You can do this by pressing the power button on the front of the laptop. If neither of these solutions works, you may need to take your laptop to a service center.
5. Use a rescue disc
If your HP envy doesn’t turn on, you may be able to use a recovery disk to get back into your system. These discs usually allow you to boot your laptop and fix any issues the laptop has with windows.
The rescue disc can also find viruses and malware via scanning tools so that you remove them while using the recovery disk.
6. Boot in safe mode
If you’re having trouble turning on your HP envy laptop, try booting in safe mode. It will disable most of the unnecessary functionality of the laptop, which should help resolve the issue.
You can also uninstall new programs and drivers, which may affect your laptop by not turning them on.
If your HP envy laptop doesn’t turn on, there are several solutions you can try.
7. Check hardware
- First, make sure that your battery is fully charged. If your battery is fully charged, the laptop may just be frozen.
- Check the power cord for loose connections. Make sure that your AC adapter is plugged in and turned on.
- Check if there is any RAM issue. Try removing one stick at a time and see if the problem persists.
- If a noisy cooling fan is not working at all, check if the fan is working correctly.
Unfortunately, if your laptop is too old, it might not have a warranty anymore. However, you can still purchase a replacement part online.
HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in
If your HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in, there are a few things you can check.
First, make sure the battery is fully charged.
Next, ensure the power adapter is securely plugged in and the laptop is correctly connected to the electrical outlet.
Finally, try resetting the laptop by holding down the power button and pressing the button for 30 seconds, and then power on again. It may resolve the problem.
HP laptop won’t turn on, but the power light is on
If your HP laptop won’t turn on, follow these steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
1. Check if the power cord is plugged in properly. Ensure the outlet is working and the cord is plugged in securely.
2. Make sure the battery is fully charged. If the battery isn’t fully charged, it can cause the computer to turn off when it’s trying to start up.
3. Remove the battery and disconnect the power charger from the laptop.
4. Reset the computer by holding the power button for 30 seconds, reconnect the power supply, and press the power button to turn it on again.
How do I force my HP Envy laptop to turn on?
If you want to force your HP Envy laptop to power on, here is how to do it:
- Shut down the laptop.
- Disconnect the laptop from any port replicators and docking stations.
All connected devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers, should be disconnected.
- Unplug the laptop’s AC adapter.
- Press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds.
- Connect the AC adapter back to the laptop, but do not connect any peripheral devices.
How to Reset an HP Laptop by Holding Down the Power Button With the Battery Out?
If your laptop doesn’t turn on, there are several things you can do to try and fix the problem. Sometimes, a simple reset will help get your computer back up and running. Here’s how to do a reset on an HP laptop:
- First, make sure that the battery is completely discharged.
- Next, disconnect the power cord from the laptop and plug it into an outlet in another room.
- Hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until you see a warning message confirming that the computer will turn off.
- Release the power button and wait about 30 more seconds for the computer to restart.
- Once it does, sign in to your account and check for any updates or new messages. If everything seems normal, you can add the battery and put the laptop back together.
There are many reasons why your HP envy laptop won’t turn on. A good way to determine the cause of your problem is to check the power supply, the CMOS battery, and the hardware, diagnose screen problems, use a rescue disc, and boot in safe mode.
Follow the steps in this article and see if you can fix your HP envy laptop!
You can check a few things to see if your HP envy laptop will not turn on.
1. Make sure the battery is fully charged. Most likely, the laptop will not turn on if the battery is not fully charged.
2. Make sure the power cord is plugged into an outlet and the laptop. Most likely, the laptop will not turn on if the power cord is not plugged in correctly.
3. Try plugging the power cord into another electrical outlet and see if that does. If you’re still having trouble turning your HP envy laptop on, there may be a problem, and you should take it to a technician for diagnosis or repair.
If your HP envy won’t turn on, try pressing the power button for 10 seconds if that doesn’t work, press and hold down the power button until the computer turns off completely.
Then, remove the battery and wait about 30 minutes. After that, reinsert the battery and restart the computer.
It should reset the laptop and hopefully start it up. However, you may have to take the laptop to a qualified technician for further diagnosis if that doesn’t work. They can solve HP laptops won’t start up windows 10 or other OS.
If the computer is not responding or the HP laptop screen won’t turn on but has power, try restarting it. If the problem persists, then you should contact a technician for help.
If your PC doesn’t respond, follow these instructions to troubleshoot the issue:
– Try restarting it.
– If that doesn’t work, try holding the power button until you hear a beep.
– If that still doesn’t work, remove the battery and plug in the AC adapter.
– If that fails, then call tech support.